Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting Published!


Shortly after returning from my Appalachian Trail thru-hike I was asked to contribute a feature article to a fitness magazine.  The focus was to be on the sport of “Fastpacking” and since I had just hiked four and a half months on the AT, maybe I’d be able to give a little insight into the world of backpacking.

Fastpacking as a sport is a mix of ultra running, mountain racing, ultralight backpacking, and a little bit crazy.  I wrote about my own experiences, strategies I learned from fellow hikers, and my dreams of how I’d like to attack my next long trail, as an ultralight, ultrafast hiker.

I was asked to include pictures from my trip and the photo of my campsite in Vermont became the cover of this month’s issue of SB Fitness Magazine.


Click the link here to see the home page:  http://www.sb-fitness.com/

Click here to read the article:

Click here to see a sample gear list for fastpacking: 

A BIG Thank You to SB Fitness Magazine for including me in the publication!

2 comments:

  1. MAD PROPS! I think our 3.5-hour, 14-mile jaunt was the kipper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete